If you’re a fan of hip-hop and haven’t heard of Brockhampton yet, where have you been? This 14-member rap collective has been taking the music world by storm over the past year, and it’s time for you to get acquainted. From smooth ballads to hard-hitting bangers, Brockhampton has something for everyone. In this blog post, we’ve compiled 10 of our favorite Brockhampton songs for you to check out. So put on your headphones and get ready to vibe out!
Who Is Brockhampton And What Do They Stand For?
The young American boy band, Brockhampton, has been making waves in the music industry since its formation in 2015. The rap and hip-hop collective has a very specific vision and message that they stand for, which is heavily reflected in their music and art.
Brockhampton is made up of 14 members, each with their unique talent and contribution to the group. The band’s founder, Kevin Abstract, is the main songwriter and creative force behind their music. He was motivated to start the band after feeling disillusioned with the current state of the music industry and the lack of diversity in mainstream artists.
Brockhampton’s music is heavily influenced by Abstract’s personal experiences as a black man, which sets them apart from other rap groups. Their lyrics cover a range of topics including self-identity, racism, sexuality, and mental health. They aim to create a more inclusive and understanding world through their music and have quickly gained a following among young people who relate to their message.
In addition to its music, Brockhampton is also well-known for its wild and daring fashion sense. They often push boundaries with their outrageous outfits and use of color, which adds another layer of visual interest to their performances.
Overall, Brockhampton is a unique and powerful voice in the world of contemporary music. They are rapidly gaining popularity due to their honest and unapologetic approach to songwriting, as well as their visually stunning live performances. If you’re looking for something new and different in the world of rap and hip-hop, then Brockhampton is worth checking out.
10 Of The Best Brockhampton Songs To Check Out
Brockhampton is an American hip-hop collective that was formed in San Marcos, Texas in 2015. The group consists of Kevin Abstract, Matt Champion, Merlyn Wood, Ameer Vann, Dom McLennon, JOBA, and Russell “Bearface” Boring.
The group has released three studio albums: “Saturation” in 2017, “Saturation II” in 2018, and “Saturation III” in December 2018 (Saturation trilogy). The latter two albums both debuted at number one on the US Billboard 200 chart. Brockhampton announced that they are working on the seventh and final album which be released later this year.
Brockhampton is known for its eclectic sound, which blends elements of hip-hop, punk rock, and R&B. Their lyrics and music videos often deal with personal topics such as mental health, sexuality, and self-identity.
The group has gained a large following online due to their energetic live shows and DIY attitude. They are considered to be one of the most promising new acts in hip-hop.
Here are 10 of the best songs to check out:
1) “Gummy” – This song is from Brockhampton’s debut album “Saturation”. It is an upbeat track that showcases the group’s unique sound. The lyrics are about the members of Brockhampton being outsiders and not fitting in with mainstream society.
2) “Star” – This song is also from “Saturation”. It is a more mellow track that deals with the topic of fame and its effects on people. The lyrics are introspective and deal with the idea of wanting to be famous but also not wanting the associated negative aspects that come with it.
3) “Swamp” – This song is from Brockhampton’s second album “Saturation II”. It is a fast-paced track that showcases the group’s aggressive side. The lyrics are about battling depression and feeling lost in life.
4) “Team” – This song is from Brockhampton’s fourth studio album. It is a slow ballad that deals with the topic of love and relationships. The lyrics are written from the perspective of a person who is struggling to maintain a healthy relationship.
5) “HEAT” – This song is also from “Saturation III”. It is an up-tempo track that features heavy basslines and pounding drums. The lyrics are about overcoming adversity and staying strong when things get tough.
6) “JUNKY” – This song is from Brockhampton’s debut album “Saturation”. It is a dark and moody track that deals with addiction and substance abuse. The lyrics are written from the perspective of someone who is struggling with addiction.
7) “ALASKA” – This song is from Brockhampton’s second album “Saturation II”. It is a haunting ballad that deals with the idea of loss and grief. The lyrics are written from the perspective of someone who has lost someone they love.
8) “BERLIN” – This song is also from Brockhampton’s second album “Saturation II”. It is an upbeat track that features pulsing synths and heavy drums. The lyrics are about being young and reckless and exploring everything life has to offer.
9) “DIRT” – This song is from Brockhampton’s first music video album “Saturation”. It is a fast-paced track that showcases the group’s punk rock influences. The lyrics are about growing up in a rough neighborhood and dealing with all the associated challenges that come with it.
10) “STUPID” – This song is from Brockhampton’s third album “Saturation III”. It is a slower track that deals with the topic of heartbreak and relationships. The lyrics are written from the perspective of someone who is struggling to get over a breakup.
If you’re a fan of hip-hop or alternative music, then you need to check out Brockhampton. They are one of the most unique and exciting new groups on the scene today. Their music is innovative and their lyrics are introspective and thought-provoking. So if you’re looking for something new to listen to, be sure to check out Brockhampton. You won’t be disappointed.
What are your favorite Brockhampton songs? Let us know in the comments below!
Articles You Might Enjoy Reading